The location of the Acton Historic Siteó smallest state park in
Texas. Includes the grave of Mrs. Elizabeth P. Crockett (1788-1860),
widow of the Alamo hero, David Crockett, and mother of two of his
In 1911, a monument and statue were erected to her memory.
Acton, (formerly Comanche Peak Post Office) was named in 1855 by C.P.
Hollis, first merchant in town. In spite of early name, Acton had
few Comanche raids.
After erecting a building for church and school, area pioneers
selected this plot as their cemetery.
First person buried here was Mrs. Wash Hutcheson, in 1855.