Built before 1880, this house was
purchased by John Schandua, a local merchant, shortly after his
marriage to Bertha (Klein) in 1883.
The front room, called “Die Stube”,
served as a bedroom and living area. The back room was used as a
bedroom for their children.
Gingerbread woodwork accents the posts
on the front porch.
The residence was used for a short time
as a Sunday School building for the Bethany Lutheran Church.